- This event has passed.
October 8, 2022 - December 17, 2022
WHAT: This 10-week semester program in residence at CSU’s Todos Santos Center in Mexico features coursework from a variety of disciplines with a focus on environmental humanities. CSU professors accompany students on this program, pairing intentional out-of-class excursions and experiences with unique course content specific to the region. Participants should prepare for an abundance of learning outside of the classroom engaging in program highlights such as a multi-day hiking and camping trip to the high pine forest of the Sierra de la Laguna, interviewing and documenting the voices of local community members in an oral history, an impactful service-learning component, and more.
Students enroll in five courses earning a total 13 credit hours.
WHEN: Fall 2022 (10 week semester): October 8 – December 17, 2022
- Dr. Ruth Alexander, Professor, Department of History
- Dr. Sue Doe, Professor, Department of English
- Dr. Tobi Jacobi, Professor, Department of English
- Olaf Morales, Senior Languages Coordinator, CSU Todos Santos Center
- Erika Osborne, Associate Professor, Department of Art and Art History
- Dr. Andrea Purdy, Associate Professor of Spanish, Languages, Literature and Cultures
- Dr. Ken Shockley, Professor, Department of Philosophy
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Minimum 2.5 GPA. Good disciplinary standing. No prior Spanish language study required to participate in this program.