Experience Mexico in the Todos Santos and La Paz regions of Baja California Sur. Designated a pueblo mágico (magical village), Todos Santos offers a special opportunity to immerse your family in the marine and cultural environments of this off-the-beaten path destination, with the support and connections of the CSU Todos Santos Center and its staff. Be a part of spring break CSU Family Adventure Week in Todos Santos!
“Both my wife, Sue, and I had a great time on the Todos Santos family adventure week. Highlights were exploring the town of Todos Santos, swimming with whale sharks, and glamping. It was very informative to learn more about the Todos Santos and CSU collaborations.” – Dr. Steve Withrow, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Clinical Sciences
This family-oriented trip is designed with the active, adventurous, culturally-curious family in mind, one that wants to experience and explore more than the average spring break trip to Cabo.
The itinerary explores both the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez coasts of the Baja Peninsula and is packed full of marine and land-based adventures like swimming with sea lions, sea kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling, surfing and hiking.
During this trip, learn about:
- The rich history and charm of Todos Santos
- The Todos Santos Center as an extension of Colorado State University
- Conservation in Baja California Sur
- A family-oriented week of adventure, learning, and cultural engagement in Todos Santos, Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Designed for: CSU faculty, staff, and alumni families
- Sponsored by: CSU Todos Santos Center
- Dates: TBA, 2020
- Estimated cost: $4,500-$5,000*; includes 6 nights lodging and in-country transportation, most activities and most meals; not included are airfare, add-on optional activities and some meals (*for a family of four, TBD – subject to change)
- Application deadline: TBA
- Application fee: TBA
Pre-Trip Leader for logistics: Kim Kita, Director of CSU Todos Santos
Trip Leader: McKenzie Campbell, former CSU Todos Santos Center Director and CSU Alumnus
Leader Bios available here.
View the 2018 itinerary here.
Space is limited. For more information and application materials, please contact Kim Kita at Kim.Kita@colostate.edu.
“We enjoyed exploring such a biologically and culturally diverse area with other CSU families.” – Dr. Carol Seger, College of Natural Sciences, Psychology